Ontario Celebrates Recipients of 2020-21 Victim Services Awards of DistinctionPublished on April 15, 2021
Ontario Celebrates Recipients of 2020-21 Victim Services Awards of Distinction
Attorney General Doug Downey issued the following statement recognizing the recipients of the 2020-21 Victim Services Awards of Distinction:
"In recognition of exceptional achievements in service to victims of crime in Ontario, the Attorney General's 2020-21 Victim Services Awards of Distinction honour the remarkable contributions of 15 individuals and organizations from across the province.
In the face of unprecedented challenges, these dedicated professionals, generous volunteers and outstanding organizations have demonstrated an irrepressible drive to raise awareness of victims' issues, increase access to crisis intervention services and provide compassionate support in times of need.
Our government is committed to protecting and supporting victims of crime and fostering the growth of safer communities. We will continue to work with and support community partners in every region to stand up for victims of crime and their families.
Recipients of the Victim Services Awards of Distinction have made a lasting impact that leaves a growing legacy in service to victims of crime across Ontario.
- Salem Berhane - Windsor
- Cynthia Bland - Ottawa
- Alice Czitrom and Pixie - Peterborough
- Ian Kelly - Toronto
- Erin Lee - Carleton Place
- Patti Lessard - Mattawa
- Georgette Parsons - Sarnia
- Shauna Pitawanakwat - Sioux Lookout
- Shalini Konanur - Toronto
Groups and Organizations
- EveryMind Child Witness Program - Mississauga
- Luke's Place Support and Resource Centre for Women and Children - Oshawa
- Muskoka Victim Services, Volunteer Team - Bracebridge
- Rainy River District Victim Services - Fort Frances
- Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region - Kitchener
- Sonhatsi:wa - Ohsweken
I offer my sincere congratulations to each recipient, as well as the teams, networks of support and the communities they represent."